Thursday, 27 April 2017

5 REASON TO GO ON A SPENDING BAN- by a self confessed Shopaholic


Do you ever find you keep unnecessarily purchasing random STUFF? Keep finding things you brought but forgot about, with the tags still in?! Find yourself hiding bags as you walk through the front door so your housemates don't see you went shopping again!? Do you have no money for fun things because you keep spending it all on socks because you don't like how they feel after they have been washed.. that one may just be me, sorry socks, sorry planet, sorry purse.

Are we shopping addicts? Is it just a habit we need to kick?

I took action and embarked on a month long spending ban during March. Here's my 5 reasons to go on / things I learnt as I embarked on the dreaded month of March and its equally dreaded halt on spending.
My spending ban was restricted to clothing, accessories, home-wear and random other things I don't need. Yet fun days out, food and uni things were permitted.


5 REASONS TO GO ON A SPENDING BAN

1: You will prove to yourself that in you CAN DO IT and you do not in fact have a shopping addiction. I think that in itself was enough for me to feel satisfied and proud of myself.

2: You CAN SPEND money on other more important things. For me it meant having more money to spend on fun days out with friends accompanied by nice food and cocktails. Has to be fun over clothes sometimes. I think I will embark on another month soon to save for more of those amazing days around London with my nearest and dearest that end up costing you a fortune.

3: You will have MORE FREE TIME. I don't know about you but I never realised how much time I spend on Asos browsing or aimlessly mooching around town?! I avoided both to avoid myself getting tempted. I defiantly waste too much time;- re-direct this time, be more productive, try new things anything that doesn't involve clothes will feel refreshing.

4: You will SAVE MONEY. This is the most obvious and it honestly will work if you don't find a new found appreciation for fine cocktails with your new found wealth. Ahem this wasn't me.

5: You DON'T NEED ANYTHING new. You do not need that new top with extra boujee frill, you do not need that new mug that is 'the perfect' size, you do not need new socks every week, ect, ect, ect. You will realize that you dont need these things that  you think will improve your life. I came to the realization that I am just being a princess most of the time and need to take it down a peg or two.


I wanted to give myself a while before posting this to see if I reverted back to my old ways. I have been shopping and I have brought things but I think that I consider things more intently, make wishlists of things I want so to not stray too far from what I need.
It works and feels like a big achievement when you finish. Just try to resist the urge to go on a massive spending spree the day after the ban. I found that I was very out of the habit of shopping that I almost could be bothered to traipse around the shops?!

Let me know if you ever go on spending bans? Or if you may go on one after this? I will be embarking on another month very soon as I sure princess Emily will return with a vengeance.


Unrelated Pics: Top: Thrift / Earings: ASOS / Watch & necklace: Vintage / Trousers: Topshop

4 comments

  1. Yes! I really need to do this; I'm constantly stalking Asos and H&M, but I really want to do some traveling during the months of May/June. Let's see if I can do it!

    Elizabeth xx
    www.wearshesgone.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it helps so much! and feels like such an achievement too :D I think im going to do it for may aswell. x x

      Delete
  2. This was such a needed post, I am 100% a shopping addict and I've been looking everywhere for the motivation to stop this awful habit! Here's to less impulse buys and more money in my wallet xx

    Mara xx
    http://www.maracalli.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it makes you consider what you buy so so much more ! xx

      Delete

© EDPFASHION | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig