Wednesday, 29 March 2017

SS17 FOCUS : CÉLINE


Today I'm kicking off my SS 17 FOCUS, focusing in on my fave shows of the season. I start with Celine, its the show that has caught my attention with it's masculine silhouettes and elegant simplicity throughout. I mentioned in my last post that I was into these masculine suit style looks at the moment and its mainly down to this show. I'm attracted to this show as I think I could quite easily re-create lots of the looks which is something Ive been enjoying trying to do. Its a fun challenge trying to create a look inspired by the show for less money. 

MY FAVORITE LOOKS 


1: A simple pant suit with the oversized blazer. I love how the chiffon escapes the bottom of the trouser makes me think she may be wearing something much more feminine underneath. 

2: The colour combo is my fave aspect of this look, also like the white skirt section due to the way it breaks up the dark colours.

THE GRANNY BAG 



How many of these  have I owned through thrifting/ seen in the charity shop in my life time? SO many. Steal Grandma's vintage bag and you instantly part of the Celine cool crowd.

THE BACK TO FRONT SHIRT


The green and blue looks were the first to grab my attention when this show was on. The colour combos of each look I LOVE.
The blue is the look I want to re-create the most, ive already brought the red tights! The shirt I think you can re-create by wearing a back to front shirt, i think this will create the same illusion as these shirts, so easy!  

DETAILS


1: Are these sandals with the big toe strap back in, YAS so ugly. Taking socks and sandals to another level.
2: Close up of those back to front collars, think a stiff scarf could also work.
3: Cutout blazer that a belt has been threaded through, designer inside me is attracted to this interesting detail.
4: Long cuff love, I have some mens shirts that can create this illusion.

YVES KLEIN



Anyone who can seamlessly combine art and fashion is a hero. It gives the garment so much more meaning as there will be meaning/ investigation behind the artworks. Sexy is also the word that springs to mind, the touch of a naked woman. Thank you Yves for such beautiful artwork.

TAILORING


Celine nailed the tailoring this season, I love the unusual kick flair pant that been exchanged from the boring straight trouser. The monochromatic palette means that she has experimented with the proportions and shapes more.


That's all of my favourite elements that made up Celine SS17. 

Hope you enjoyed. Look forward to making the next one.


4 comments

  1. Absolutely adore Celine (shame my bank balance does not). Totally with you on the masculine shapes and silhouettes - so easy to style for any season and equally to recreate in an affordable way. Also obsessed with your blog! *followed*

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yass me too. thanks girl, followed you for ages. x x

      Delete
  2. Granny bags never look this cool! Celine knows well how to improve and innovate on common things around us and I think it's brilliant! If I could suggest, probably next time you can make a post focusing on Rodarte? Since they also has amazing collection this SS'17 :) Nice post anyway!^^

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO BLOG|
    |FACEBOOK| |INSTAGRAM|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know ! Loveee Celine. thank you. x x

      Delete

© EDPFASHION | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig