Friday, 25 November 2016

TREND: OPULENCE



TREND : OPULENCE

For this trend ive compiled three mini trends together to make OPULENCE. Think lux fabrics and a heavy dose of Grandma chic.
Ive assembled my favourites from the catwalks, high street and thrown in a few examples from my own wardrobe. This trend you would easily strike gold hitting up the charity shops.
Outfit post at the end too.
CATWALK
VELVET
This luxurious fabric that is everywhere this winter. The fabric of queens past and your grandmas plush curtains, easy way to exhibit those opulent vibes.


HIGH STREET

1: TOPSHOP 2: ZARA 3: ASOS 4: H&M 5: TOPSHOP 6: ZARA 7: H&M

MY IDEAS


Velvet top from Primark £6 - Velvet fabrics found in Berwick Street


CATWALK
RUFFLES
Step 2 equals ruffles. Adding to your opulence as you have all that extra cash to spend on material to adorn your items with ruffles.

HIGHSTREET


1: ASOS 2: ASOS 3: ASOS 4: ASOS 5: ASOS 6: ASOS 7: ASOS

MY IDEAS


Cute ruffle top, perfect for layering  -  Pussy bow can add ruffles to neckline, Primark £12

CATWALK
JACQUARD
Another note towards extravagant home wear, this jazzy material will make you look extra classy. Have a browse around charity shops too and ive sure you'll find some vintage gems.


HIGH STREET

1: TOPSHOP 2: ASOS 3: MISSGUIDED 4: ASOS 5: ASOS 6:RIVER ISLAND

MY IDEAS


Pink ruffles and make a choker from this opulent Chinese jacquard style fabric  -  These 2 skirts mixed together would make an amazing Jacquard.

CATWALK
EXTRA ACCESSORIES
My favourite of the steps to achieve this opulent trend, the accessories. Think pearls, jewels and everything in between. As if you raided you grandmas jewelry box of vintage amazingness. Faux fur is another notable element.


HIGH STREET
1: ASOS 2: ASOS 3: TOPSHOP 4: TOPSHOP 5: ASOS 6: H&M 7: TOPSHOP

MY IDEAS


Made these huge pearl earings inspired by the Asos ones, much cheaper too  - Update bags with jazzy straps.

OUTFIT
Now I wouldn't say that I have completely encompassed the trend within this outfit, but as altogether as the Opulence trend is slightly out of my comfort zone I thought I would just take elements and put together an outfit. I've mixed Extra Accessories and Ruffle on my top half and juxtaposed the look with my bottom half being sporty with track style bottom and trainer. 



Tops & Trouser: H&M
Jacket: Thrifted
Necklaces: Gifts








10 comments

  1. I've just discovered your blog and your style (and also the general styling of your blog) is impeccable! You absolutely kill it in these outfits <3

    Edie | The Life of Edie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you layered the tops!!! and the mix of chic and casual. cool look! - x

    Lavinya Royes - Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit looks gorgeous and I love the eye makeup! Although I don't think that I'm bold enough to pull off the whole look!

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous post. I love that emerald green fur coat. I would love one myself, but I don't think I'm brave enough to pull it off. It works for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a fur lover; love how you styled it too!

    shelley xoxo

    http://www.shelleymorecroft.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© EDPFASHION | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig