Tuesday, 10 September 2013

HOW I STYLE COLLARS

I think my favourite thing to wear has to be a collared shirt, there are so many ways to wear them and i have acquired quite the collection of the darling things. 
I often don't get around to taking a whole outfit picture yet i do manage to take pictures of details that i wearing- for example rings or as this this post will show my collars. 
I didn't realize quite how any pictures i have taken just of my collar detailing so i thought that i would dedicate a whole blog post to 'How i style collars'. 
Hopefully you can take some inspiration from this post, enjoys my lovelies!  

with brooches...



 Summery faces- I love to put brooches onto the tips of my collar it just adds a little more unexpected interest to an outfit. These face brooches are peculiar, i picked them up for 50p from a boot sale i love that no-one else will have them. They are super quirky and add an interesting touch to my outfit!
Shirt: Matalan / Brooches: Carboot / Jacket: River Island


Bugs- Adding the brooches makes the basic collared shirt my own, much more original and fun, i mean a penguin and a ladybird- just so randomly brilliant. The best thing is that it can work with any brooch you have it doesn't have to be a ladybird just look out for random brooches that can make an outfit more unique.
Shirt: New Look / Brooches: Carboot



Collar tips: I have worn these collar tips to death! I thrifted these yet you can get them everywhere nowadays (i have some gems from ASOS & Primark). This particular pair add an instant vintage feel to my outfit.
Shirt: Carboot (topshop) / Collar tips: Carboot / Lace top: Ebay 

a waistcoat...


Waistcoat: An awful pic yet wanted to upload anyway. I have a thing for vintage waistcoats and little jackets, i think that they perfectly accompany a crisp white shirt and any vintage esque waistcoat would do, follow me and raid your grandma's wardrobe! Just make it pop against you shirt. I added a bowler hat and pink lip to finish the look. 
Shirt: Matalan / Waistcoat: Grandma's / Hat: Ebay

a little D.I.Y...


DIY- If you have an old shirt you no longer wear you can bring it back to life and do a little DIY. I simply (rather badly) embellished this old shirt collar, simple to do and very eye-catching! I really want to do more embellishment and am on the hunt for old shirts to be-jazzle. Will keep you updated if i do any more!
Shirt: Carboot / Jumper: River Island

with necklaces...


Statement- The most easy way to jazz up your collar is to wear a bold statement necklace underneath the collar, i personally like when just a bit of the necklace is visible.
Shirt: Matalan / Necklace: New Look / Blazer: Carboot

Hope you can take just a smidgin of inspiration from this post! 

XOXOOXOXOXOXO

6 comments

  1. Those broaches are amazing, must have a browse for some! xx

    Charlotte| LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post I like ones that show you one simple detail and how you can transform it in different ways I just love the brooches so cute <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya, i really liked your blog so i nominated you for the 'Leibster Award' its something that bloggers who have under 200 members are doing to increase publicity for other blogs with few followers, check out my post on my blog to find out more, char x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey your blog is really cool so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!! You can check out my questions for you here:
    http://beyondbally.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-blog-award-x4-nominations.html

    Good Luck!! Can't wait to read your answers :)
    Beyond Bally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM ABSOLUTELY INLOVE WITH YOUR STYLE ITS SO AMAZING. AS SOON AS I SAW YOUR BLOG I KNEW I HAD TO FOLLOW IT!!!!!!
    Amazing hair swell

    How do you get followers Ive just started out I have like 4 lol :)

    naddie xxx

    unirunway.blogspot.co.uk

    I'm on twitter aswell @naddieoo if you want me to follow you on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and I love it!!
    How gorgeous are those necklaces!!!
    You styled them so well :)
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

© EDPFASHION | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig