Monday, 2 September 2013

AW13 PASTELS

I am aware that with this post i am wishing away the last of the summer days but a girl needs to think about these things right? Autumn is fast approaching so i thought i would compile a post on one of my favourite AW trends; PASTELS. I think the reason that i like the pastel trend for fall is that it is unexpected. These soft, delicate shades of colour I would usually associate with spring/summer so the thought of brightening up dull winter colours really excites me. Pre-warning to everyone that i will be wearing pastels constantly even in the snow pastels will be present. It just feels so right. This post has a little of everything; inspiration, catwalk and my fave high street picks and will be rather long so i hope you like pastels haha, enjoy <3

some inspiration...

Topshop Unique AW13
Some of my pastel pieces i will be bringing into A/W

Susie Bubble- a metallic texture adds an edge to pastel colors making them less soft and girly.
How Two Live- I know these are very colourful outfits but i love the
sheer pastel pink top, playing around with the textures and materials would
 add dept and playfulness to an all pastel outfit.

my favourites from the catwalk...

Celine's pastel salmon colour is gorgeous, pastel outerwear is set to be big and this coat is perfection. Simplistic
and elegant.
Carven provided this baby blue shade which isn't the most obvious pastel colour but its certainly one of my favourites.
 I am envisaging an baby blue and white outfit with a statement necklace, hopefully will put together something
and will do an OOTD Carven inspired. And pastel pink fur YES.
Mulberry demonstrate that you can wear a 'pop' of pastel you don't have to go full on
pastel everything you could just wear one piece to mute down an outfit to provide a feminine touch.



Rochas mixed pastels with camel, i adore this. Camel is such a staple winter colour for me and mixing it with pastels updates classic camel making it on trend for this A/W 13.

my high-street picks...

ZARA
l-r
1: Cowl Neck Rib-Knit Sweater- super soft delicate piece yet appropriate for winter as it will be super warm.
2: Pink Blazer & Cropped Trousers- will be perfect for a special occasion or event, one of my favourites!
3: Masculine Coat- ticks all the boxes for this the AW trends; pastel, over sized & masculine. The masculine style toughens up this girly shade of pink making it super wearable.

ZARA 
1: Pleated Baby Blue Skirt- i love a midi skirt, they make an outfit look so pulled together with minimal effort, and this shade of grey/blue is so subtle yet is still in-keeping with the pastel trend.

2:  Polo Neck Grey Blouse- essential basic that will be perfect for layering with more pastel pieces.

3: Messenger Bag- i have fallen in love with this bag, its so cute it hurts.

TOPSHOP
l-r
1: Satchel (in grey)- i couldn't find a link for this blue colour anymore, satchels will forever be my favourite bag style.
2: Mint beanie- perfect for keeping your head warm in a very on-trend way.

3: Fur cropped jacket- not exactly pastel but very similar to the Carven fluffy pink coat.

 TOPSHOP- Margot's World: topshop's collection of pastels.


ASOS
ASOS- Winter Pastel Trend Guide - these pics from the ASOS pastel trend guide.

OOTD...

Minty Fresh
and finally this is an outfit which has a pastel mint shirt, i paired it all with all white and my RI black cutout boots to incorporate the black on the waistcoat.


So that's everything on pastels for now perhaps some future OOTD's to come, I really enjoyed putting this post together so i hope you like it too! Until soon 
XOXOXOXOOX

p.s : I also got TUMBLR and i need some people to follow so please follow me or comment your names in the comments! (my link is in the head bar)

12 comments

  1. this is perfect...as are pastels ^_^ they are going to be so huge this year x

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) because I love your blog I have tagged you in my top ten for the Leibster Award -which is an award for new blogs that are just starting up. If you don’t already know about it all the details are on my blog http://annalouiseelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk/ If you are interested in It, it is a good way to create awareness etc for your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you i will check it out and hopefully do it! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the zara messenger bag. I have the same Satchell from topshop in black which is featured in my most recent outfit post. Now following :) xx

    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same but i have seen it in person now & its tiny! oh im jelous i love that bag-.- thanks xx

      Delete
  4. I nominated you for a Liebster award.
    Check out my blog for details

    http://pocketfullofbobbypins.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    Ruth
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you xoxoxo will check it out

      Delete
  5. Big fan of camel colour and actually rather like the dusky pink! Thanks for sharing! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Great blog! Xx

    Sophiespaldin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© EDPFASHION | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig